Careers/Partnerships at BVM Contracting
We are looking for individuals that are loyal, hard-working, take pride in their work, and most importantly have the skills and expertise that will help us grow. If you think you have what it takes, look below at our current careers available, then contact us at email@example.com with your resume and cover letter explaining why you would be a perfect fit for the chosen position.
If you would like to partner with us, please see our listing below for and architect/designer partnership, or if you see another way you can bring value to our company please email the above address and tell us how! We look forward to your message!
Please note that we are currently not hiring for any of the listed careers below, but still send us your resume and cover letter to the above email address and we will include you in our future consideration of positions.
We are looking for:
We are looking for someone with an interest in the general contracting profession, as well as a general love for construction. The applicant must have completed a college-level degree in a construction-related field, and have at least 1 year of experience in residential/commercial construction.
This applicant must be ready to make an immediate for BVM Contracting, and must possess the following skills:
- The applicant knows how to carry out a demolition of a home from start to finish (including all safety procedures).
- The applicant can assist in framing jobs and knows how to frame walls and other parts of a home.
- The applicant has exposure to completing structural work (hanging LVL’s and beams).
- The applicant knows how to hang drywall.
- The applicant understands how to tile and grout floors and walls.
- The applicant can insulate and apply vapour barrier to walls.
- The applicant has worked on basement, bathroom, and kitchen jobs in previous jobs.
- The applicant has working knowledge of how a home addition should be conducted from start to finish.
- The applicant has all of the necessary documentation to work on a construction site (fall arrest, working at heights, WHMIS, etc)
The applicant must also:
- Have their own vehicle to travel to and from work.
- Have their own tools to complete jobs.
- Be younger than 25 years old.
What’s in it for you:
- A chance to work your way up to becoming a lead hand and/or project manager.
- A benefits package that includes dental, medicine, and chiropractic care.
- A fun working environment with younger employees.
- A chance to be a part of a growing company.
- A chance to work on big projects in the city.
- If you do not have a vehicle and tools, please do not consider applying.
- BVM Contracting conducts most of its business in the east end of Toronto, the southern parts of Markham, and Pickering-Ajax, so preference will be given to applicants in these areas.
Architect and/Designer Partnership
We are looking to partner with an architect and/or designer in order to become a more vertically integrated company and find a long-term partnership that will create a symbiotic relationship. If you would like to work with BVM Contracting, we can set up a meeting to discuss the possibility of a joint venture (if the company is already established) or creating an Architectural/Design arm of the company (if you are seeking a new opportunity).